Well i am kind of a marketing freak u may say i love talking n marketing stuff :) as well as myself lol. One day i wish to be the marketing guru in this corporate world a far fetched dream thou,but i ll do it 1 day. Well coming to my 2nd blog it is also about marketing itself :). I was reading a book other day and i thought that i must share with u all how a Professor at IIM-A explains marketing tactics. (I think most of you would ve read this)
You see a gorgeous girl at party. You go up to her and say, "I'm very rich. Marry me!" That's Direct Marketing
You are at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friend goes up to her and says, "He's very rich. Marry him". That's Advertising.
You see a gorgeous girl at a party.You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day you call her and say "Hi I'm very rich. Marry me". That's Telemarketing.
You are at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, "You are very rich.." That's Brand Recognition
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, "I'm very rich. Marry me" she gives you a nice Hard slap on your face ouch :( That's Customer Feedback!!!!!!!!!!
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. you go up to her and say, "I'm very rich. Marry me!" and she introduces you to her husband who actually happens to be your enemy in d corporate world. That's Demand and Supply Gap
Finally you see a gorgeous girl at a party. you go up to her and before you say, "I'm very rich. Marry me!" she turns her face towards you- she is your wife !!!!!! That's Competition Eating your Market Share!!!
I bet the students would ve understood diff kinds of marketing without any hassle :-). That's why every1 who cracks CAT chooses IIM-A only as their 1st Priority to pursue Marketing cos the truth has been just revealed
Sayonara
You see a gorgeous girl at party. You go up to her and say, "I'm very rich. Marry me!" That's Direct Marketing
You are at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friend goes up to her and says, "He's very rich. Marry him". That's Advertising.
You see a gorgeous girl at a party.You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day you call her and say "Hi I'm very rich. Marry me". That's Telemarketing.
You are at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says, "You are very rich.." That's Brand Recognition
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say, "I'm very rich. Marry me" she gives you a nice Hard slap on your face ouch :( That's Customer Feedback!!!!!!!!!!
You see a gorgeous girl at a party. you go up to her and say, "I'm very rich. Marry me!" and she introduces you to her husband who actually happens to be your enemy in d corporate world. That's Demand and Supply Gap
Finally you see a gorgeous girl at a party. you go up to her and before you say, "I'm very rich. Marry me!" she turns her face towards you- she is your wife !!!!!! That's Competition Eating your Market Share!!!
I bet the students would ve understood diff kinds of marketing without any hassle :-). That's why every1 who cracks CAT chooses IIM-A only as their 1st Priority to pursue Marketing cos the truth has been just revealed
Sayonara

nice post !!
ReplyDelete@ vik: thnk u
ReplyDeleteHahaha.. brilliant! :)
ReplyDelete@ nivedita: thnk u
ReplyDeleteneat stuff!
ReplyDelete@ arcane: thnk u.may i noe who u r plzz
ReplyDelete