JUMBALA ISLANDS
Sup macha’s, machi’s, (aam admi) mango people and respected judges. Welcome to the annual chinkpokli oratory contest at (sound effect) Jumbala islands. I am chummeshwar, today we have an amazing awesome and astonishing speakers lined up. Without wasting, much ado please put your hands together for the realistic romantic reliable Rohan on to the stage. Thank you chummeshwar and mango people. (Show signs of nervousness and faint).
GE Contest chair, fellow TM and mango people. I faced this public speaking anxiety for the 1st time in my entire life. My body froze to death however; I could hear my heart beating like a 10,000 wala pataka (heart beat sound). From that day onwards, I owed to myself that I will improve and surpass all odds in PS come what may. Today I am here to fulfill that dream. Mango people I am not here to tell you all how to overcome PSA because you all are par excellence. I am here in the form of your subconscious mind to ask you this: What have u accomplished in life so far? When was the last time you sat down & thought about where you are heading & how am I going to get there? Is this what I want in life? For most of us here, who are “frank” to ourselves the answer would be like no, nothing, not good and so on. Therefore, Vincent T Lombardi says, “The difference b/w a successful person and others is not lack of strength, not lack of knowledge, but rather in lack of desire”.
How many of us here use a body spray/deodorant? (Rise of hands) What happens when you use it .It smells great, wow however over time, it wears off, and next day you smell lousy again, that is of course, if you did not bathe or use the “axe effect” My dear friends most times also motivation does the same thing. It lasts for about 24 hours and slowly wears off.
One of the key to success is your self-motivation coupled with passion-A burning desire that drives us every day to change the world and destiny! It is our desire for a better life, better growth and better future. (Lance Armstrong e.g.)
Desire is sure a word, but it is much richer than the word “want” though they are essentially the same. “Want”, though, sounds like you could take it or leave it. “Desire, is “want” with a fire under it”.
As Swami Vivekananda says “All power is within you; you can do anything and everything. Believe in that; do not believe that you are weak. Stand up and express the divinity within you”. Therefore, to build the fire of your desire we essentially require just 3 things the wood, the fuel and the match.
1st is The WOOD: Keep a clear mental picture of your goal. The picture of the goal is like the wood in a fire. It is the raw material. Know what your goal looks like.
2nd is The FUEL: Keep a list, of all of the pros and cons of pursuing and reaching your goal. Make them as “sense” oriented as possible. “See” them.”Hear” them.”Touch” them. This is like the fuel that we add to a fire to keep it going
3rd is The MATCH: Keep yourself active! This is the match: Action. “Action speaks louder than words”. Even when you don’t feel like it, get yourself to act and soon you will see the fire burning because you have ignited “the dream!”
Don’t let the fire die out, since it is easier to continually throw wood and fuel on an already burning fire than to start it once again.
If you inculcate this 3 essential equipments i.e. the wood, the fuel and the match you will ignite your life. Remember: “The idea is 10% and the implementation is 90%, but you cannot teach pigs to fly no matter how long the runway is”.
So, the next time when you meet someone & they ask you sup. Your eyes will light up and boldly say, “I have been on fire! Let me tell you all about it” It’s Smoking (laugh) Contest Chair.

No comments:
Post a Comment